Pacific Geopolitics Workshop – How do the Pacific Islands fit into Australia's region of strategic interest, the 'Indo-Pacific'?
Panel session #1 was recorded on the 1st of a two day #PacificGeopolitics workshop themed ‘How does the ‘Pacific’ fit into the ‘Indo-Pacific’? The changing geopolitics of the Pacific Islands’ held on 6-7 June 2019
- Dr Joanne Wallis, SDSC, ANU
- CAPT Sean Andrews, Director, Sea Power Centre - Australia, Royal Australian Navy
- Graeme Dobell, Fellow, Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI)
- Dr Anna Powles, Senior Lecturer, Centre for Defence and Security Studies, Massey University
- Prof Brendan Sargeant, Honorary Professor, SDSC, ANU
The workshop is convened by Joanne Wallis, James Batley and Anthony Bergin. It is presented by the Strategic and Defence Studies Centre, Department of Pacific Affairs and National Security College at ANU, with additional funding from the ANU College of Asia and the Pacific Asia-Pacific Innovation Program.
For more information about the workshop, and to access other recordings and materials, please see the event page - http://bit.ly/2WmFKtA