Strategic and Defence Studies Centre – Australian Command and Staff College
The Australian National University has partnered with the Australian Command and Staff College (ACSC) to provide a world leading mid-career military qualification for the Australian Defence Force.
The ANU Military and Defence Studies Program delivered at ACSC is a fully integrated course developed by an academic team from the University’s Strategic and Defence Studies Centre and the ACSC military directing staff.
It provides an innovative education model based upon a military-university partnership in order to meet the challenges and objectives of Australia’s Defence Force and to develop its future leaders.
As part of the integrated course, ANU will deliver the following courses
- Operations I
- Operations II
- Operations III
- Leadership and Command
- International Law and Operations
- Australian Foreign and Defence Policy
- Australia’s Strategic Environment
- Australian Capabilty and Defence Organisation
As well as educating Australia’s future military leaders, the ACSC will also invite exchange officers from foreign armed forces, as well as a small number of public servants, to benefit from the learning and development opportunities offered by the ANU Military and Defence Studies program.
The key highlights of this course include
- Fully integrated design and delivery of a course to meet both the vocational and academic requirements of mid-career officers created specifically for the ADF.
- A course delivered by foremost Australian and international academics, military personnel and public servants to educate Australia’s future military leaders.
- ACSC’s students to be enrolled as regular ANU students gaining an ANU delivered and accredited postgraduate degree.
- The provision of ANU faculty and support staff to be based at the ACSC Weston Creek campus, including a Director of Studies, to ensure that the educational opportunity for students at ACSC is of the same high standard as that delivered at the ANU main campus.
Senior Administrator - Military and Defence Studies Program
T +61 2 6266 0604